Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tuna Salad w/ Green Apple + Celery



Ingredients: White Albacore tuna, green apple, celery, organic mayonnaise, paprika, fresh lemon juice, kosher salt, cracked pepper

* * *

This is a really great, refreshing tuna recipe that you could eat in a salad, a sandwich (add some cheese for a tuna melt!), or as a little appetizer atop some endive leaves. I always preferred tuna salad on the dry side, adding very little mayonnaise just to combine everything together (I tried vegannaise once... not recommended!) - plus I hate it when it is really mushy. I love tuna with a lot of texture also, so I added some green apples for some tart, sweet flavors and of course, celery to add that refreshing crunch. Paprika and lemon juice really help subdue the fishiness that canned tuna is known for and help round out the overall flavor. 

1 comment:

  1. Evan and I ate almost the exact same thing for dinner last night. I add capers :)...paprika?! I have to try that! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete

LEAVE A COMMENT