Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Basil Pesto Tortellini w/ Crispy Prosciutto + Mozzarella

 



Ingredients: tortellini pasta stuffed w/ basil pesto, Ciliegine mozzarella, crispy prosciutto, fresh basil, lemon zest, red pepper flakes

* * *

Crispy prosciutto is incredible. The key is NOT to use the same old saucepan - instead, put it in the oven to get a nice, even crisp.  I laid out the prosciutto on parchment paper and put it in a 400 degree oven for about 20 mins. It adds a really great salty, crunchy bite to this pasta so I didn't add any salt at all (not even in the water I boiled the pasta in). The Ciliegine mozzarella I used is nothing fancy - they're just mozzarella balls. I prefer using the balled version so that the cheese doesn't overbear the dish and make you feel really heavy after eating it. The lemon zest is a nice touch and adds to the Mediterranean flavors of the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT