Monday, April 4, 2011

Gadget Alert: Herb-Savors!



One of my best friends bought these amazing little gadgets for me last Christmas and it's definitely the best thing on the planet. I had the hardest time keeping my herbs fresh - I tried everything: putting them in/out of the fridge, in/out of plastic bags, with a damp towel without a damp towel...  but I always ended up with soggy brown herbs within a few days from buying them. 

Behold the Herb-Savor Mini Pod. Believe it or not, the basil you see here in this picture has been in my fridge for 3 WEEKS. Amazing. It basically just creates a stable greenhouse environment for the herbs, regulating the humidity inside the pod perfectly so that the herbs stay fresh for at least a month in your fridge. There's a bit of water you add at the bottom and you just pop it in the capsule and it's ready to go. Definitely a good investment for those of you who achingly threw away a prematurely rotten bag of herbs - like me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT