Sunday, June 12, 2011

Broiled Baby Back Ribs



 

Ingredients: pork ribs, DiLaurenti Barbeque Sauce, kosher salt

* * *
It really is all about the sauce. I snagged a bottle of this BBQ sauce while in Seattle and slathered a bunch all over a rack of baby back pork ribs. I'm not a fan of tangy BBQ sauces, but this one is very sweet and full of an oak-y, charcoal-y taste with incredibly earthy flavors.

I coated the ribs before broiling in the oven at 350F, covered in foil for one hour. I then removed the foil, increase the temperature to 400F and broiled for an additional 20 mins until brown (alas, I have no bbq grill). It needed a bit of heat as I dug into them and decided to drop a bit of my secret hot sauce that I bring out for special occasions. I found it while in this great hot sauce boutique in downtown Austin, TX last summer, appropriately named Tears of Joy Hot Sauce Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT