Sunday, July 24, 2011

From the Market // Mushrooms


I was so amazed and curious by these awesome mushrooms I saw at the Hollywood Farmer's Market last weekend. We were at the L.A. Funghi stand; it was full of various types, species, and strains of every type of mushroom you could imagine. No boring button mushrooms here! A few I recognized, some Wood Ears, Morels, Portobellos (of course), and Shitakes, but some were just downright insane. I failed to write any of the names down so I don't know what type they are, but thought I'd snap some shots of the ones that caught my eye and figured they'd speak for themselves. 

They also sold whole, fresh white truffles in a jar by the cash register to tempt you as you're paying for your goodies. And as a side note, their Portobello caps were so juicy and flavorful, it was like digging into a steak. We threw them on the grill - no seasoning needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT