Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Turkey + Pancetta Ragù w/ Pappardelle



Ingredients: canned whole tomatoes, shallots, garlic, dried oregano, dried basil, dried thyme, bay leaf, unsalted butter, pancetta, ground turkey, egg pappardelle pasta

* * *

Much in the way I made the sauce for my Spaghetti + Meatballs, I slow-cooked all of the ingredients together for about 2 hours. I added a step in the very beginning, searing the pancetta and cooking the ground turkey in my dutch oven first, removing the meats, and began the base for my sauce. After placing in the food processor to get that saucey consistency, I added the pancetta and ground turkey and simmered on low for another hour or so. 

I'm not a fan of setting a sauce on top of the pasta - I like stirring and mixing it together in the saucepan prior to serving, just so all the flavors combine properly. Especially with a ragù recipe like this, you really want each and every noodle to achieve maximum ragù-ness.

Alice Waters has a brilliant Mushroom Ragù and also a classic Bolognese sauce that served as an inspiration for this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT