Sunday, July 10, 2011

Tarragon Shrimp Salad w/ Butter Lettuce + Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette



Ingredients: Argentinian Red Shrimp, butter lettuce, fresh tarragon leaves, unsalted butter, red garlic, lemon zest, olive oil, kosher salt, cracked pepper, Dijon mustard, lemon juice

* * *

Having spent the weekend in the beautiful Napa Valley, I was inspired by a dish I tried at brunch today at the Auberge du Soleil Resort restaurant. It was a poached shrimp and little gem appetizer in an incredible citrus Dijon vinaigrette, so of course I attempted my own version this evening for dinner.

My shrimp weren't as gorgeous as the Auberge version so I decided to saute them with garlic, butter, and fresh tarragon leaves instead of poaching them. I set them on top of some small leaves of butter lettuce and whisked together a lemon Dijon vinaigrette that tasted exactly like its inspiration!

If you have a chance to visit the area, pop in to the restaurant and/or bar area. They have the most beautiful terrace that overlooks the entire valley, with wine vineyards that stretch as far as the eye can see. Staying the night here is extremely expensive, so I often just visit the bar and restaurant when I'm in town. 

2 comments:

  1. This looks pretty....and fairly simple to make. What is "red garlic" though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

LEAVE A COMMENT