Friday, December 23, 2011

From my Hexenhäuschen to yours!


Ingredients: Trader Joe's Gingerbread House Kit, egg whites

* * *

Happy holidays! This gingerbread house kit was possibly one of the most fun things to do, now that the holidays are well underway. It was our first time making one and honestly, so glad we got this kit at Trader Joe's. They had the house pieces, candies, sprinkles, and figures all delicately packaged - all you needed to do was get one egg white and beat it together with some powdered sugar (this was already in the kit). I couldn't even imagine making the gingerbread pieces from scratch...  

The frosting/mortar dried very quickly, so it was necessary to move fast! The kit even provided a piping bag so it made it very easy to put the house together. We echoed the design on the front of the packaging, but I'm sure you could go nuts making it look however you want. I think your kids would have a blast doing this with you - I know I did.

Hope everyone has a very filling, very Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT